Meet Our Leadership
Dr. Anil Paranjpe
He started his private practice as Eye Surgeon in Sangli 1986.
Since 2001 he practises as Eye Surgeon in Pune at “Nayan-Tara” Eye Clinic.
Has his own eye bank at “Nayan-Tara Eye Clinic” as “Paranjape Eye Bank”.
Worked as performing Ophthalmic Surgeon with Mrs. Tarabai Paranjpe Eye Bank 1986
More than 20 scientific papers and presentations in state, national and international conferences and journals.
Prticipated and conducte d 12 IOL workshops and trained many eye surgeons to perform IOL implantations . These were live sugeries. Telecast through CCTV was televised for benefit of delegates . He participated as operating surgeon at International workshops conducted in India at numerous places like Ahemdabad, Cochin where he was amongst the galaxy of American , Australian and Indian operating faculty. He has operated in live workshops in Bijapur, Kolhapur, Kanpur, Nagpur, Beed
While practising in Sangli he conducted in all 5 workshops at his own center on Opthalmic Microsurgery and IOL implantation. At Nashik he participated in the workshop on Congenital Cataract. He demonstrated how to implant IOL with minimum trauma in children.
- The best paper and innovation prize for his design of Paranjape IOL at Maharashtra State Annual Conference Nashik
- The only Eye Surgeon to design an IOL
- Article on the use of Paranjpe IOL was published in a very prestigious international journal “Ocular Surgery News”
- In 1993 designed a special IOL for patients who do not posses Iris called Aniridia IOL.
- The first Indian Eye surgeon to design and successfully use an Endoscope in eye surgery since 1994. The said endoscope is used for Vitreo-retinal surgery
- In 1997 he designed and developed an Indigenous Ultra sound A-scan Biometer (IMPORT SUBSTITUTE) : MM BIO-1
- Has designed a Video Low Vision Aid (Drishti) for patients with compromised macular vision
- Has developed a Video Attachment to the conventional Fundus Camera to record the color video and Dynamic Fundus Fluorescience Angiography.
- Runs a Color Vision detection and correction clinic.
- Conducted many eye camps
- Many papers on corneal grafting in conferences. Talk on AIR. Many speeches on eye banking and corneal grafting.
Areas of special interest are:
- Cataract and IOL Implantation
- Management of squints
- Surgical management of Vitreo-retinal disease
Dr. Mrs. Medha Paranjpe
She started her private practice in Sangli in 1991. Now since 2001 she practices as Eye Surgeon in Pune at Paranjape Laser Center and is using Laser techniques in treating eye problems as her specialized field.
Worked as performing ophthalmic surgeon with Mrs. Tarabai Paranjape Eye bank since 1991.
Many papers in state and national conferences.
Awarded with best paper prize at annual conference of Maharashtra ophthalmic society 1994, for use of YAG laser in management of Pterigium.
She has participated in live surgical workshops as operating surgeon in Sangli, Beed and demonstrated IOL, implantation live surgery for the benfit of the delegates.
Many speeches and lectures on Eye Bank & Eye Donation. She has a vast experience in the field of Keratoplasty surgeries.
Conducts once a week free eye clinic for economically backward since Indira nagar slums, Pachashil nagar slums, Ganesh nagar slums.
Has conducted many school check-up camps in Pune at various corporation schools.
Her areas of interest are diabetic retinopathy, Glaucoma and corneal grafting.
Extracurricular interests are Yoga.
Since last 5 years with Dyan Prabhodini she is actively participating in educating adolescent children from 14 years to 18 years of age, to help them grow, understand and solve their queries and inquisitives about their sexual growth and attitude.
Mrs. Vishakha Vivek Velankar
B. Sc. ( Human Development )
B. A. ( Psychology )
Teachers Training Diploma For Deaf & Dumb children
Completed Certificate Courses in….
1) Enhancement of Relationships
2) Protecting children from online sexual abuse
3) POCSO Act & Child abuse
4) REBT From IPH Thane
5) Family & Child Counseling
6) Marriage counseling
7) Aanandachi Shobhayatra at Dnyanprabodhini
‘Samvadini’ Member since 2000
Currently working as coordinator of ‘Umaltya Vayashi Julvun Ghya’ Group.
Active as mentor in ‘Umaltya Vayashi Julvun Ghetana’ program about Sexuality & Gender Equality.
Also mentoring for ‘Tarunaichi Aavhane’ and ‘Sahajivanachya Umbarthyavar’ under same program.
Facilitator of Instructor Training Program.
Active in Awareness Campaign ‘Olakh Sparshachi’ about Child Sexual Abuse since 2013.
Content Developer for all programs listed above
Worked as Facilitator in Research programs like ICSSR, YUVA, SAIYAM.
Working as mentor in ‘Kishor Kishori Vikas Prakalp’.
Articles published in Sakal, Loksatta, Maharashtra Times, Prabhat, Saptahik Vivek..
Street Play writing: 1. About AIDS (2nd Prize, Organized by IMA) 2. Ladha Astitwacha (13 Plays)
Acting, Writing, Write Poems, Anchoring & Stay Happy
Dr. Mrs. Nandita Paranjape Joshi
She has done her M.B.B.S. from MGM’s medical college Aurangabad. Her research work on: Causes of Childhood blindness, is been recognized by ICMR and she has received a scholarship for the same.
She is presently doing post-graduation in Ob. & Gyn.
She is a national tennis player and has won Gold medal in Interschool National tennis competitions. Her hobbies are Bharat natyam, painting, trekking, etc.
Mitesh Milind Achwal